Thursday, June 25, 2009

"Are you two dark yet?"

So tonight was the last time Bran and I were able to talk before we both leave for our summer adventures tomorrow. Dad calls this "dark territory." Bran will be in "the field" and I will be in rural Kilimanjaro, which Dad likes to call my "hut."

I'm getting a little jittery about my future travels tomorrow and the weeks ahead, but I know that once I get settled in and meet some of the other volunteers, I'll feel more comfortable. I've received some good advice for my worries, and I really appreciate them. (Ben and Mike :] )

But other than that, I'm really anxious and excited! I'm all packed besides a few things like my phone charger and the malaria meds I'll need to take tomorrow before I leave. I'm going to have an international phone (it's the same # as my regular cell phone) so if anyone would like to text me, be my guest. I won't be able to answer your calls because it's about $5 per minute! The place I'm staying has a phone that is free for me to receive calls, ask Momma Mills for the # if you need it. Other than that, there's always the good ole mail:

Lauren Miller
Cross Cultural Solutions
Attn: Zik Alula
P.O. Box 311
Boma Ng'ombe
Moshi, Tanzania

Well, I hope to get online atleast twice a week, so I'll be sure to blog as much as possible. Take care everyone, and I look forward to sharing my experiences with you!

peace&love

laur

1 comment:

  1. Oh Laur! I'm so excited for you. I hope your flights go smoothly and that you have a stellar experience!!! Can't wait to hear more about it! Love you!

    ReplyDelete