Monday, June 15, 2009

Expedition: Africa

Okay, so my trip won't be nearly as cool as that new show on the History Channel, Expedition: Africa that I have recently become obsessed with, but nonetheless, I will be in Tanzania in 12 days!
(Who wants to drink goat's blood anyway? I'd rather be volunteering!)

I received my placement just the other day from my adviser at Cross Cultural Solutions. I will be volunteering as a teacher at the Hannah Primary School. My students are 3-7 years old. (They're hardly students yet, just babies! I'm really happy with this!) The school is composed of four units in one building, with about 20 children per class. Another volunteer, Saffron, who is traveling from Australia, and I will be working together as teachers to help the children with conversational English and are responsible for creating fun and educational activities that are age appropriate for the students. Saffron and I would like to incorporate music as much as possible in their daily lessons, and if anyone has any ideas (for I'm not an education major, just English Lit,) please share them with me. I am open to any and ALL suggestions.

Well, the next time I will blog will probably be in Tanzania so stay tuned! I should have internet access two or three times a week :)

Peace&Love,

Laur

No comments:

Post a Comment