Wednesday, May 13, 2009

a funny thing happened on the way to...my jeep.

While I had all intentions of waking up early to study for my American Literature exam this morning, I decided to sleep in late and take my time getting ready for the day. The weather was promising at noon, so I chose a short, floral dress to wear. Since it was already late in the day, I was starving and craving a toasted cinnamon raisin bagel with cream cheese from Breugger's. I drove into town in my Big Red Box, ordered my bagel and large iced coffee from a rather incompetent, slow moving sales person, and walked back out to my jeep. As I was balancing my pastry and coffee, and fiddling in my bag for my keys, a gust of wind so strong that probably knocked out every nest out of every tree in Brockport, lifted my short, floral dress so high that it graced the dimple above my chin. After flalling my hands about in confusion, trying desperatly to bring my dress back down to my knees while keeping my coffee from spilling and my bagel from coming unwrapped, I cursed the invisible wind and started a 360 to see if anyone had noticed. Had anyone seen my butt?! "I knew I should have worn granny underwear with this short of a dress," I thought. But as I approached degree 300, thinking I had lucked out, a little old man, sitting in his cadalac about 100 yards away in the adjecent parking lot, stared blankley in my direction, mouth opened and wide eyed. Mortified, I dug around my bag for my keys, got in my car, and slammed it into reverse. As a I drove by, determined not to look in his direction, I noticed him smile at me out of the corner of my eye. "Perv," I thought and drove away.

3 comments:

  1. I am looking forward to following your travels. Have a blessed summer girl!

    Kerri Phillips
    "Above all Else: Love"

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you kerri! you too!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happens to me all the time. Damn wind.

    ReplyDelete