Thursday, May 14, 2009

junior year; something we lived through once

allow me to assume sentiment:

I asked her what had happened to the girls we were a year ago. "Broken hearts," she answered simply, "and no place felt like home. Lauren, the lines may appear fuzzy, but it's all there and it all happened. And one day one of us will catch a clear glimpse of it, but it will just remain a memory. Something we lived through once."

Beginning to move out of The Nunnery today was bittersweet. Living there had represented something I had wanted to forget, but now it represents memories that I will remember forever; Hilarie and Jill and their ability to help me redefine the meaning of sisterhood, the tequila and celine dion karaoke in the living room, getting ready for nights out with Lauren, the time Lesly broke into our house, the obamathon on the front lawn, mine and Branden's first kiss out on the back porch...the rebirthing of past friendships. Junior year began my journey for self-definition, and I have all of the mentioned above to thank for helping me become a truer, better self.

1 comment: